When can I start my course?
Straight away! As soon as you receive your login details you can start learning. Flexibility is really important to us as we want our learners to be able to study at their own pace. That means no need to waiting for others - you are in control of your own progress!
Will I get support throughout my course?
Of course! We are on hand every step of the way to support you throughout your learning journey. We have a team of experts, tutors, and customer service advisors on hand to help you out.
Do I need any previous experience or qualifications?
Nope! You learn everything you need to know while on the course.
How long will the course take to complete?
Completely up to you! The courses are online and self-paced, this means you can study as much or as little as you want. We will not set you any deadlines!
You can use the number of guided learning hours for each course to estimate how long it will take you, depending on how much study time you can dedicate each week!
If you study part-time, then we estimate each course will take the follow time to complete (half the time if you are studying full-time):
- L2 Gym Instructing – 3-4 months part-time
- L3 Personal Training – 6-8 months part-time
- L3 Personal Training – 3- 4 months part-time
- L4 Advanced Sports Nutrition – 4-6 months part-time
- Small Business Finance – 1-2 months part-time
- Social Media & Branding- 1-2 months part-time
- Exercise & Nutrition for a Healthy Lifestyle – 1-2 months part- time
- Sports Coaching- 1-2 months part- time
- Sports Science - 1-2 months part- time
Can I take the course if I’m not based in the UK?
Yes! Although our courses are accredited by a UK awarding body, you can study them from anywhere in the world. We already have many international students currently studying with us.
If you plan to work as a Personal Trainer or Gym Instructor in a non-UK country, then you will need to check the governing body requirements in your own region. In most countries, a UK level 3 accredited qualification is recognised by the local governing body and you will just need to apply to have you qualification transferred over.
As every country has it’s own requirements, we cannot give specific advice for each country. However, we know it is relatively easy to transfer your qualification to work in countries such as the US, Europe, Australia, Canada and South Africa.
How will I be assessed?
This depends on the course you choose to study:
• L2 Gym Instructing – Multiple choice assessment, written assessments, video submissions, programme cards and reflection documents.
• L2/L3 Personal Training – Multiple choice assessment, written assessments, video submissions, programme cards and reflection documents.
• L3 Personal Training - Multiple choice assessment, written assessments, video submissions, programme cards and reflection documents.
• L4 Advanced Sports Nutrition- Written assessments and reflection documents.
• Small Business Finance – Workbook
• Social Media & Branding- No assessments
• Exercise & Nutrition for a Healthy Lifestyle – No assessments, just quizzes for fun.
• Sports Coaching – Written assessments
• Sports Science - Written assessments
Do I need access to a gym for the assessments?
For some of our video assessments on the L2 Gym Instructing and L3 Personal Training course you will be required to demonstrate appropriate use of gym equipment. For these assessments, you will need to have access to a local gym, or a home gym with the correct equipment. None of our assessments require in-person attendance however.
What is a live-class and is it for me?
The Level 3 Personal Training qualification offers the optional add-on of live classes. These are an amazing opportunity to get insight and knowledge from experts in the industry. Currently, the live classes are every Tuesday at 6:30pm, they are interactive and give you the “classroom” feel from the comfort of your own home. If you are returning to learning after a break, they can be really beneficial, being able to ask questions will help you develop a deeper understanding of the topic areas. If you miss a class, don’t worry! We record and upload all the live classes so you won’t miss a thing.
What payment options do I have?
We have a payment plan to suit everyone!
• Full payment- if you have the funds and want to pay upfront we can do that for you.
• 0% monthly finance - from as little as £49.99 you can start learning, use our handy payment plan tool see how you can take the LEAP today.
Is my course accredited and recognised by the relevant awarding bodies?
Yes! Our courses are OFQUAL regulated and accredited by some of the leading awarding organisations in the UK, Focus Awards, Active IQ and Innovate Awarding. This means your qualification is fit for purpose and quality assured. Our Personal training courses are fully recognised by CIMSPA so you will have the best possible start to your personal training career!
What is CIMSPA?
CIMSPA is the professional development body for the UK’s activity sector. They ensure that the qualifications and courses delivered in this sector are of a high quality and appropriate for learners. As a personal trainer in the UK, you will want to be CIMSPA registered as many employers will demand this before hiring you.
This means that you must complete a course which is CIMSPA endorsed, as this is not a given in the industry at the moment. Our personal training course at LEAP is accredited by Innovate Awarding, who work in partnership with CIMSPA. This means that our course is properly CIMSPA endorsed and you will be able to apply to join the CIMSPA register once you have qualified
Why should I choose LEAP?
Deciding on the right training provider for you can seem like a daunting task. To make it that bit easier we want to tell you why we believe we are the best online provider on the market.
Online learning- Flexibility and accessibility is so important to us here at LEAP. We understand that everyone has busy lives and different schedules, that is why we offer online learning so everyone, no matter the circumstances, can study with us. Whether you are working full time and choose to study on an evening, or a parent who only has a spare few hours through the day, we are here for you!
Expert lead- If you are looking for a modern and fresh approach to online learning you have come to the right place. We are the first on the market to offer expert and influencer lead qualifications. We have worked with leading experts in the industry to bring you insight and knowledge from people who have been there and done it. You will be learning from the best in the business:
• Bradley Simmonds- Celebrity Personal Trainer and Business Owner
• Talilla Henchoz- Online Personal Trainer and Business Owner
• James Middleton- Personal Trainer and Business Owner
• Emily Solman- Nutritional Expert and Food Influencer
• Wes Santos- Personal Trainer and Business Owner
• Heloise Nangle- Personal Trainer and Business Owner
Innovative learning platform- You will be learning on an innovative and interactive learning platform. Gone are the days of pages and pages of boring writing on a PDF! All our courses are rich with LOADS of video content and quizzes to make learning online fun.
Live classes & in-person training - You have the opportunity to add live classes and in person training with our Level 3 Personal Training qualification. Live online classes are an amazing opportunity to get insight and knowledge from experts in the industry. Currently, the live classes are every Thursday at 6:30pm, they are interactive and give you the “classroom” feel from the comfort of your own home. If you are returning to learning after a break, they can be really beneficial, being able to ask questions will help you develop a deeper understanding of the topic areas. If you miss a class, don’t worry! We record and upload all the live classes so you won’t miss a thing.
Support- When taking the LEAP, whether that be upskilling or starting a new career, we understand and value the importance of support. We are here every step of the way to answer any questions. You can ask questions to your tutor via the learning platform and also speak to use directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a charge for exam resits?
We offer unlimited free resits on all internally assessed assignments, which covers almost all of our assessments!
There is a small resit fee of £29.99 which applies to the few exams that are assessed by Innovate Awarding. See below for details:
Courses which have externally assessed exams include:
• Level 2 Gym Instructing. Unit 1 has a resit fee of £29.99. All other units have unlimited free resits.
• Level 3 Personal Training. Unit 1 has a resit fee of £29.99. All other units have unlimited free resits.
• Level 3 Gym Instructing and Personal Training. Unit 1 and Unit 2 has a resit fee of £29.99. All other units have unlimited free resits.
Do I need access to a gym?
If you are studying a Personal Training or Gym Instructing qualification you will need be required to submit video evidence. As part of this, you will need access to appropriate gym equipment, this includes cardio machines, weight machines and free weights.